THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
The e-governance helps to enhance delivery and increases the efficiency of government services.
FREMONT, CA : In understanding government machinery and its significant roles, e-governance is one of the critical topics. Applicants who are studying for the Civil Services exam must have a clear understanding of the subject matter.
Definition of E-Governance
Electronic governance or e-governance means that the government operates with ICT implementation (Information and Communications Technology). Therefore, e-governance is a step to SMART governance that implies a clear, moral, accountable, sensitive, and transparent government.
What is SMART Governance?
Moral- It defines the advent of a modern paradigm of technology interventions in the administrative and political machinery to increase different government agencies' performance.
Accountable- It is developing efficient information management systems and other performance evaluation measures to ensure public service functionaries are responsible.
Responsive- Accelerate processes by standardizing them, making the system more responsive.
Transparent: Offering information such as blogs or different portals in the public domain, thereby rendering government roles and procedures transparent.
Interactions in E-Governance
In e-governance, there are four types of interactions, namely:
1.G2C (Government to Citizens) — Interaction between the people and the government.
• It makes it possible for people to benefit from the efficient provision of a wide variety of public services.
• Increases the availability and accessibility of government services and improves the quality of services.
• The primary goal is to make people friendly to the government.
2.G2B (Government to Business):
• It helps the business community to engage with the government by utilizing instruments of e-governance.
• The goal is to decrease red-tapism, which saves time and reduces running expenses. This, when working with the government, would also build a more open business climate.
• In services like licenses, procurement, permits, and revenue collection, the G2B initiatives support.
3.G2G (Government to Government)
• Allows smooth contact between different agencies of government.
• This communication form may be between various government departments and agencies, or between two governments, such as unions and state governments, or among state governments.
• The primary objective is to improve performance, productivity, and production.
4.G2E (Government to Employees)
• The government and its workers have such type of communication.
• ICT tools help to make these interactions quick and efficient, thereby increasing employee satisfaction levels.