THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
The COVID-19 pandemic also accelerated a change in working patterns, as 40 percent of EU workers moved to remote locations this year.
FREMONT, CA: The EU-wide Cyber Shield and the Joint Cyber Unit were just some of the proposals recently announced as part of Europe's improved cybersecurity strategy. Initiatives include the use of AI-enabled Defense Operations Centers set up across the EU to create a ‘Cyber Shield’ that detects signs of an intrusion and can prompt early preventive action. Another initiative is developing a Joint Cyber Unit to provide more robust security against malicious and cross-border cyber threats.
It comes only days after the European Medicines Agency has confirmed that records linked to the COVID-19 vaccine have been accessed after their device has been compromised.
What Else Is in The Strategy?
• Latest European solutions to improve global internet stability
• The Legislation to Catapult Safe Stuff to the Internet
• A more vital diplomatic toolbox to discourage, stop and respond to attacks
• Augmented cooperation in cyber defense
• Increased communication on cybersecurity with countries outside the EU, along with foreign organizations like NATO
• The development of the EU External Cyber Capacity Building Agenda and the EU Inter-institutional Cyber Capacity Building Board
The 2 billion euro tactic will be funded under the EU's Digital Europe Program and Horizon Europe, with funds from member states and industry to be added. It also comes when analysts expect that the number of connected devices worldwide will increase to 25 billion by 2025. A quarter of these machines are expected to be deployed in Europe.
The COVID-19 pandemic also accelerated a change in working patterns, as 40 percent of EU workers moved to remote locations this year. This instance contrasts to the two-fifths of EU customers who have encountered security-related problems, and 12.5 percent of companies hit by cyber threats. The annual cost of cybercrime to the world economy is expected to be around 5.5 trillion euros by the end of 2020, twice the charge in 2015.
Check This Out: Top Cyber Security Solution Companies