The increasing nature of cybercrimes has forced the government to utilize several layers of security controls for the criminals.
FREMONT, CA: The systems of the new generation, like aircraft, ground vehicles, satellites, subsurface vehicles, and surface ships, have numerous electronic machineries. The machines consist of microcontrollers, actuators, microprocessors, internal (onboard), and external (off-board) communication networks. Presently securing and hardening of the system is done by utilizing checklist methods such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF) that has been recovered from several years of information technology best practices. In the past, the exercises have not only served the industries but also secured the platform operations from any type of damage. However, with time more sophisticated cyberattacks are coming up, and they are creating a challenge for the military and industry. Every day, attacks are confirming the fact that defense solutions are not appropriate that can avoid and recover from the opposition attacks.
What are the Measures taken to Strengthen Cybersecurity?
According to NIST, cyber resilience means the capability to predict, endure, recover, and also adapt to unpleasant situations like attacks, stresses, or compromises on the systems using cyber resources. Moreover, as per the cyber defense, several layers of security controls in the network can keep the cybercriminals away from it.
Many companies organize their practice of cyber resilience engineering around five pillars. The pillars consist of defense solution design and even the traditional risk management framework. The five components to protect the sensitive information from the cybercriminals are as follows.
1. Preparation- This stage requires the identification of significant cyber threats. It is also essential to understand the outcome of the cyber attacks and analyze the ways of the attack.
2. Prevention- In the next step, it is necessary to harden the environment of the system by utilizing the best cybersecurity systems.
3. Detection- To detect signs of disturbance, it is essential to observe the system and its operating nature.
4. Response- It is crucial to immediately react to cyber-attacks so that the impact can be reduced or eliminated.
5. Recover- The last step is to autonomously restore the damage from the cyberattacks to make sure the operations continue.
See Also :- Top Cyber Security Companies